AEG, ASO AND NBC SPORTS GROUP EXTEND PARTNERSHIP
TO PRODUCE AND BROADCAST THE
2014 AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA LIVE TO FANS WORLDWIDE
Fans Can Tune in to the Live Broadcast or Watch for Free Online and on
Mobile Devices with Award-Winning Tour Tracker
LOS ANGELES (May 8, 2014) – AEG, presenter of the Amgen Tour of California, has extended its agreements with NBC Sports Group and A.S.O., the owner and producer of the Tour de France, to produce the annual bike race telecast. Continuing with the 2014 Amgen Tour of California, in which 16 top professional teams will compete across more than 720 miles from May 11-18, NBC Sports Group and A.S.O. will continue to collaborate to produce the award-winning telecast to deliver the excitement of the largest race in the U.S. to a worldwide audience.
Beginning May 11, fans can tune in to NBCSN daily to catch the final two hours of the 2014 race live in HD, as well as nightly recaps and highlights. On May 18, the exciting two-hour conclusion in Thousand Oaks, Calif., will air live on NBC. In addition, A.S.O. will distribute the live feed to international broadcast partners in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen and recently retired U.S. cyclist Christian Vande Velde will be on site in California to provide commentary and insight for each day of NBC Sports Group’s coverage with reporters Steve Schlanger and Steve Porino (‘Inside-the-Race’).
“We’re excited to present the Amgen Tour of California to cycling fans across the country,” said Jon Miller, president of programming for NBC and NBCSN.
The 2014 Amgen Tour of California television schedule follows*:
· Sunday, May 11 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 1 presented by Visit California – Sacramento (*Encore at 2-3 a.m. EDT/11 p.m.-midnight PDT)
· Monday, May 12 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 2 presented by Michelob Ultra – Folsom Individual Time Trial (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Tuesday, May 13 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 3 presented by Michelob Ultra – San Jose to Mount Diablo State Park (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Wednesday, May 14 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 4 presented by Visit California – Monterey to Cambria (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Thursday, May 15 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 5 presented by Breakaway from Cancer® – Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Friday, May 16 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 6 presented by Crunchies Natural Snacks – Santa Clarita to Mountain High (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Saturday, May 17 at 4:30-6:30 p.m. EDT/1:30-3:30 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 7 presented by Crunchies Natural Snacks – Santa Clarita to Pasadena (Encore at 11 p.m.-midnight EDT/8-9 p.m. PDT)
· Sunday, May 18, live on NBC at 1-3 p.m. EDT/10-Noon PDT on NBC: Stage 8 presented by Amgen – Thousand Oaks (Encore at 5-7 p.m. and 11 p.m.-midnight EDT/2-4 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. PDT)
*Times subject to change. Nightly encore shows are edited from the two-hour live shows.
“We are particularly happy to extend our partnership with AEG and NBC Sports. Since 2009, we have built together with AEG the TV coverage of the Amgen Tour of California that we will continue to develop in the coming years,” said Yann Le Moenner, A.S.O. General Manager. “Working hand in hand with NBC Sports, as we do during the Tour de France, is a guarantee of success for the broadcast of the race.”
“A.S.O. and NBC Sports Group have delivered an unmatched viewing experience for fans of the Amgen Tour of California for the past two years, showing first-hand the blood, sweat, tears and passion the racers muster on their journey through the stunning scenery of California. We’re thrilled to extend our partnership with NBC and A.S.O. – which mounts the pinnacle of all cycling races – and look forward to another beautiful tribute to cycling in all its glory,” said Kristin Bachochin, executive director of the race and senior vice president of AEG Sports. “In addition, we’re excited that wherever cycling fans may be at race time, they’ll have a premier, in-depth race experience at their fingertips, free of charge, with Tour Tracker.”
Since 2007, the Amgen Tour of California has made it easy for fans to stay connected to the racing action from anywhere via the free Tour Tracker. available at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/tourtracker, and the premier app for up-to-the-minute, comprehensive information on the largest cycling competition in America can be downloaded free of charge via iTunes, Google Play and the Apple and Android app stores.
The 2014 Amgen Tour of California Tour Tracker will feature daily live coverage of the final two hours of each stage, full start-to-finish coverage via GPS, race situation and up-to-the-minute text commentary throughout the race as well as live streaming of the Women’s Circuit Race and Time Trial.
Fans of the Amgen Tour of California also can connect with the race through all of their favorite social media platforms. Links are available at the Social drop-down menu at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com and fans can use #atoc2014 to join the conversation.